A social balance game
The game OH-OH creates collaborative movement between strangers. A group of four players balances balls, so called „OHs“, while moving along a path. The OHs are equipped with sensors, which will make a sound when they are not balanced. Only when the OHs are balanced and quiet the group is able to move on. You can only say “OH” while playing this game. No other words. There is a secret link between OH-OH and spontaneous instant happiness. So far nobody was able to play the game without smiling.
- Balance the ball between the people while moving along the marked path.
- Touch at least one ball. You can touch more, if you want.
- You can touch every ball with only one part of your body.
- When one ball makes a sound, everybody stops moving until the ball is silent again.
- You can only say “OH” while playing this game. No other words.
Soly is our visual artist, designer, architect and photographer of Czech origin, based in Burkina Faso.
Sarah is our mechanic. Game-mechanics, throwing balls against the wall to test stability; she makes it work.
Marina is our flaneuse. Architect, urban enthusiast with passion for placemaking and exploration of urban space, she inspires us for sensitivity.
Kostas is our connective link. He brings fresh ideas, playful mood and a way to unify.
Gavin is our “play doctor”. He brings technical know-how, theory from studying play and games in his PHD.